Business Name Registrations are commonly referred to as Sole Proprietorships, BN2, or Partnerships and are Registered under the Business Names Act. This is the most common business registration process for small businesses and Partnerships in Kenya.
You may register a Business name in Kenya as a sole proprietorship or a partnership to conduct you Business in Kenya. A Business name registration is normally registered for a single line of Business or a specific Business as opposed to a limited company where you may conduct multiple lines of businesses.
At Biz Brokers Kenya, We assist you with a fast and reliable Business name application and registration process.
How to register a Business name in Kenya.
1. Name Search.
You must have three unique business name suggestions. The proposed business name must be reserved pending registration.
An application for reservation of a proposed Business Name should be made to the registrar of Business names and accompanied with the prescribed fee. When choosing a Business name, have in mind that hundreds of thousands of names have been registered already. Make it as unique as possible in order to get a name or two at the first instance.
2. Application for Business name registration..
Once a name is searched and reserved by the registrar of Business names, the application for registration is submitted via the prescribed BN registration form. Upon submission the application shall be approved and ready for issuance of the certificate.
3. Business name Certificate
of Registration also referred to as BN 3
is processed thereafter and a Business Name certificate issued.
Requirements for Business Name Registration.
- Proposed Business name for name search and reservation. - The proposed business name search is conducted to ensure it is not similar to an existing registered Business. If approved, it is reserved for 30 days.
- The nature of Business. One activity the business shall undertake. - A Sole proprietorship or partnership is permitted to conduct only one line of business due to the nature of its liability.
- Names of the Proprietor/s in Full.
- Postal address for the Business Name.
- Proposed Physical address of the Business. Address includes Name of road, Plot number, town, county.
- Copy of ID or Passport of the Proprietor or Partners.
- Passport photo of the Proprietor/s.
- Copy of PIN certificate of the Proprietor/s or partner/s.
- Residential Physical address of the proprietor or partners. The Address to includes Name of road, house number, town, county.
A Business Name registration will take an average of 3 days to process.
Send a email with the above requirements to email@example.com
Apply ONLINE Now >>>>>>
or send an email for Business Name Registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER BUSINESS NAMES SERVICES.
- - Change of Business Name - Change of name,
- - Change of Business particulars.
- - Removal or appointment of partners.
- - Cessation of Business Name registration. - Cessation of Business name.
Online Business name application.
Register your Business Name ONLINE NOW at only Kshs3,500/= for:
Business Name Certificate
Business Name PIN Certificate
Lipa Na Mpesa (Till Registration)
Business compliance is our specialty, Business startup is our passion. We are in the Business of Business.