A Dependant Pass in Kenya is an immigration permit issued to the dependants of a permit holder in Kenya. A dependant pass may be issued to the following persons.
- Dependants of Kenyan Citizens.
- Dependants of Permit holders.
- Dependants of Permanent residents.
Who is eligible for Dependant pass Permit?
- A minor child of the applicant.
- A spouse of the applicant.
- A parent of close relative of the applicant.
- An exempted person.
- The applicant being a Kenyan citizen, Permit holder or a Permanent resident of Kenya.
How long is a Dependant pass valid for in Kenya?
A Dependant Pass is generally valid for duration of the permit holder. Where the applicant is a Dependant of a Kenyan citizen or a Permanent resident, the duration shall be determined by the immigration authorities.
Requirements for a Dependant Pass in Kenya
- Application Form 28.
- Detailed Cover Letter from the applicant.
- Passport photos of the applicant.
- Copies of passport of the Dependant and the applicant.
- Evidence of the relationship between the applicant and the Dependant. Eg. certified copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate, and death certificate.
- Proof of sufficient and assured income to sustain the applicant and the Dependant.
- Copy of a valid permit for those applicants holding a immigration permit.
Immigration Dependant Pass in Kenya.
The application for a Dependant pass with all the requirements is addressed to the Director of Immigration Services Kenya.
Once the application has been processed and is successful an Approval certificate shall be issued with the terms of payment for the Permit.
Can dependant pass holder be a shareholder in a company?
Yes, given that there is no restriction on a foreigner being a shareholder in a company, generally a Dependant pass may be a shareholder in a Kenyan company. However, the dependant may not work or carry on the Business of the company. This is specifically restricted upon issuance of the pass.
How much does a Dependant pass cost in Kenya?
- Application is free.
- Dependant pass certificate KES 5,000
- Processing and consultation fee on request.
Dependant Pass Kenya check list
- Cover letter of applicant.
- Proof of relationship.
- Contact information of applicant and Dependant
- Proof of financial capability.
- Residential address.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details and insights.
Immigration compliance is our specialty, Business startup is our passion. We are in the Business of Business.
How long does it take to process a Dependant pass?
After submitting an application. A Dependant pass if successful takes an average of 2 months.