Church registration in Kenya.
The suspension of registration of churches in Kenya has been lifted and a new guideline with additional requirements have been provided by the registrar of Societies in Kenya.
The Registration of Churches, Ministries and all religious based organizations are registered under the Societies Act in Kenya.
All churches and religion based organizations have to go through a security vetting process prior to registration.
We offer you a reliable and experienced Church registration service.
How to register a Church in Kenya.
- Search for requested Name:- To establish that there is no similar organization already registered or pending registration.
- Drafting and Filing of constitution:- The constitution of the organization is drafted in accordance to a sample draft provided under the Act. You can download a sample constitution here.
- Filing the prescribed Forms:- The forms prescribed for registration of a Church are Society Form A and Society Form B. (You can download the forms below)
- Registration :- Registration is filled when all the above are processed.
What are the requirements of registering church in Kenya?.
The following are required to register a church in Kenya.
- Names of the officials in full. Chairman, secretary and treasures. Assistant officials where applicable.
- Postal Addresses of each official.
- Email address and telephone number of each official.
- Proposed Physical address of the Church. Plot number, road, town and county.
- Copies of the National Identity card of each official. (Passport for foreign nationals).
- Copies of PIN certificate and a current tax compliance certificate of each official.
- Passport photo of each official.
- Qualification certificate, diploma or degree in theology from a recognized institution of at least one of the officials.
- Certificate of good conduct from the national police service of each official.
- A sworn affidavit of each official, indicating whether they are officials or members of any other religious societies and names of such societies.
- An introduction or recommendation letter from a registered religious society of good standing, signed by at least 2 officials of such society and a copy of the registration certificate of that society.
- A list of all the members of the society indicating the names, ID numbers, telephone numbers, Postal address and email address of such members.
Procedure to register a church in Kenya.
- Find a unique name.
- Draft a constitution for the society.
- Fill out the proposed application forms.
- Form A - Application for registration of a Society Form.
- Form B - Notice of registered office of a Society Form.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit application for registration.
How long does it take to register a church in Kenya?
All application for church registrations in Kenya have to undergo a vetting process. The average time for clearance of vetting can take between 4 to 8 months depending on various factors including the following.
- Number of officials to be vetted.
- Location of the said officials
- Location of the registered office
- Accurate contact information provided.
Certificate of Exemption
An exempt society is a society exempted from the strict supervision by the Registrar of Societies. The exemption status is granted by the Minister or Attorney General.
- Exemption from filing annual returns.
- Exemption from filing accounts.
- Exemption from filing list of members.
Visit our Download PAGE here for free Church Registration Forms and Samples.
Business compliance is our specialty, Business startup is our passion. We are in the Business of Business.
Why register a church in Kenya?
To run or preside over any religious gathering in Kenya, you are required to have a registered organization.
All religious organizations are registered under the registrar of societies.